FSSAI Registration only at ₹ 2499
Any entrepreneur who wants to start a business in the food sector, be it food processing or food manufacturing, packaging or distributing, has to register for Food Safety and Standard Authority of India FSSAI. The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) is a legal authority that offers a food license to all food business operators (FBO) in India. All the FBOs must follow all the rules and regulations of FSSAI for food quality control.
An FBO requires an FSSAI License or Registration all depends upon the parts like the size of production, managing nature of food business activities and range of operation. In the FSSAI Registration process, the FBO will get 14-digit number that needs to be printed on food packages.
FSSAI Registration ensures the security of food products and it is essentially a food safety certificate circulated by the food authority in India. All the manufacturers, traders, restaurants, grocery shops, importers and exporters, etc are eligible for issuing FSSAI Licence. FSSAI Licensing assures that food products undergo specific quality checks, thereby decreasing the cases of adulteration, substandard products.
1. Many thanks to the digital world, since consumers are becoming more conscious of the nature of the food they eat. Holding a valid FSSAI license allows businesses to improve and enhance their credibility.
2. The FSSAI logo is widely recognized and hence it can ensure goodwill among consumers.
3. Streamlines all the processes involved from manufacturing to distribution and sale of the food products.
4. Makes food manufacturing more dependable on science-based principles.
5. The important aspects of hygiene and cleanliness are regulated and followed when FSSAI registration is involved.
6. FSSAI license or registration provides a platform to produce quality food products that are on par with international food standards.
7. FSSAI license positively influences the dependability and production of the company, thus giving it a huge chance to expand and grow.
8. FSSAI license is important for exporting food products to other countries.
9. FSSAI is also responsible for setting guidelines and procedures for quality assurance of the accredited labs as per ISO17025.
Businesses engaged in food activities are required to apply for food licence of different types based on turnover, scale of business and the type of activity. The Types of FSSAI Food licence are as follows:
FSSAI Basic Registration–
The FSSAI registration is for food business operators (FBOs) which have small-sized business or start-ups. They have their annual turnover less than Rs.12 Lakh. Basic registration can be upgraded depends on your business sales graph productivity.
FSSAI State license–
The State FSSAI License is for the FBOs which have medium- size business. They have their annual turnover more than Rs. 12 Lakhs or up to Rs.20 crores. The state licence can be further upgraded to central licence all depends on your business sale graph productivity.
FSSAI Central license–
The Central FSSAI License is applicable for FBOs which have large business annual turnover i.e. above Rs.20 crores. It is also required in cases where you need to supply at the government offices or import / export food products.